The City of Los Angeles would like the riders of the Metro system to know that it is Concerned. About Teen Prostitution. And Sex Trafficking. In case you stopped off for a quick one at the Palm Tree Inn before you got on the train today, and are at this moment skulking away from the scene of the crime twirling your mustache like Snidely Whiplash it would like to remind you that you are an abuser. Of children! If you witnessed such transactions and didn’t report them, well….you a neglector! Of helpless teen girls! An unindicted co-conspirator! We need to be on the lookout! Report in! The City needs to know!
The ProtectLAKids website offers helpful tips for us:
A young woman may be a victim of trafficking if she:
- Looks fearful or depressed, and is not on her own
- Is being closely watched
- Does not have possession of her paperwork or money
- Shows signs of physical abuse
Alternatively, she may be a victim of trafficking if she:
- Is standing on Sepulveda Blvd with her hoo-hah peeking out of her shorts, rain or shine
- Has a barcode tattoo on her neck evident when she ducks her head in and out of car windows.
- Always walking against the flow of traffic, a phone tucked to her ear, but her lips aren’t moving
- She ‘lives’ at any of the motels between Oxnard and Nordhoff
- She’s offering ‘dates’ for $35 at the bus stop in the middle of the afternoon commute
Until the Committees of Concerned Bureaucrats figure out where Van Nuys is on the map, and the ABC’s of nuisance abatement, we’ll all keep our eyes peeled for those morose teenagers dragging teddy bears.