I wasn’t sure what to make of this lady, whispering to herself while blowing kisses and making peek-a-boo faces at passing cars. It was Sepulveda Blvd, but then one shouldn’t judge by appearances. She was the first person Giles and I encountered on our walk tonight. Sort of like a Wal-Mart greeter for the neighborhood.
Turning east from Sepulveda, I encountered a street I never heard of with the Salinger-esque name of Memory Park. It was one block long and appeared to be the last bastion of white holdouts from the old days. I saw two Clint Eastwood in Gran Turino-type guys tinkering in immaculately well-organized garages, one with an American flag hanging un-ironically off the front porch.
The other house hosted ‘Fun Daycare’, with a frolicking babysitter-in-a-miniskirt graphic. I don’t know what to make of this. Daycare shouldn’t be jail, but should it be this frivolous? Is it a pitch subtly geared toward sleazy fathers dropping off kids? It seems like a sly visual joke for a slasher movie. But then again it could just as possibly be entirely innocent, and probably is.
Then there were these signs, scattered up and down the boulevard. This is the info it provides:
How To Pick-Up Girls And Have Them Call You You Will Never Have To Call Girls Again
There are only general rules, you need details becasue every situation is different.
1. Stop spending money in taking girls out to dinner, quit buying flowers and other things. Instead, use that money to pay her to help you wash your car, clean your house, etc.
2. You must pay her by the hour. You clock her in when she starts, and clock her out when she is ready to go home; pay her in cash before she leaves: that is the reason why she will call you again. Never take advantage of her by having her around you for free becasue she will not call you back.
3. The only proble is that they get lazy after the 3rd day and want to relax and have a good time on the clock, but since you are a ‘nice guy’ you will let her (on the clock)
1. Send a money order for the amount of minutes you want to buy for consultation $2.00 per minute, $20.00 minimum (10 Minutes)
2. Don’t forget to give us your phone number and name. ( We file by phone numbers)
3. Use text til we call you. We’ll call you once we receive your money order (no checks) then, we’ll schedule a time for a phone meeting that is convenient for you.
Send Money Order Made Out To:
1317 North San Fernando Blvd., Burbank, CA 91504
According to Google Maps, the address is a mail drop.